Why should I consider a maintenance agreement?
If you have a maintenance agreement, you’ll save an additional 15% on any repairs, receive priority service, and your maintenance will be on autopilot, since we’ll schedule all your appointments for you. We also keep records of service for you, so if you ever sell your home or business, you can show potential buyers your equipment has been maintained and is in good operating condition.
Do you offer a guarantee?
Our entire team works hard to make your experience with us hassle-free. If we make a mistake, we will do everything in our power to correct it to your satisfaction. We are proud of our technicians and installers for their quality work, and for the trust they have earned from our clients. We are 100% committed to your satisfaction.
Should I repair or replace my furnace?
If you are looking at an estimate for a repair, and it's over a third of the cost to replace the furnace and your furnace is 15 years old, for example, replace the furnace. Or, if the repair is over half the cost to replace, get a new furnace.
Six other factors that could let you know it will soon be time for a new furnace:
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs
- Rooms in your house are hotter or colder than others
- You are having humidity problems
- Furnace is making excessive noise
- You notice excessive dust
- You notice rust in and around your furnace
Why is my furnace blowing cold air?
Your furnace could be blowing cold air for a few reasons.
Try these suggestions. If they don’t help, you can call Climate Control Systems at 815.806.1055.
- Your thermostat is set to ON rather than AUTO. Change the thermostat setting to AUTO.
- Your furnace has overheated. This could be from a clogged air filter. Change the filter.
- Your flame sensor is dirty. You can clean it yourself if you are familiar, or call a professional technician to clean it for you.
- If you have an older furnace, your pilot light could be out. If you are comfortable relighting it, follow your manufacturer’s instructions and relight it. Or, call a professional technician.
Does Climate Control Systems service boilers?
Yes, we do.
Do I really need to maintain my furnace annually?
Any maintenance, whether for your health, your car, or your home, is not mandatory, but always a good idea. It’s best to hire a professional if you aren’t confident with the maintenance of your furnace.
Some of the benefits of regular maintenance:
- Prevent issues that stress the system
- Prevent premature breakdowns
- Increase efficiency
- Improve comfort and air quality.
- Save time and money
- Reduce risk of emergencies
- Prolong life of system
How do I get a heat certification?
We can provide a heat certification for home sellers or landlords that need one. Just call us at 815.806.1055.
Why does my furnace turn on a few times and then shut off for a while?
If your furnace tries to turn on a few times and then shuts off for a while, it might be a dirty flame sensor. If the flame sensor doesn’t detect a flame, it shuts off the furnace and gas valve as a safety measure so that gas isn’t flowing into your home. If the sensor is dirty, it can’t detect the flame and will shut off the furnace. Clean the flame sensor if you feel comfortable doing so, or call 815.806.1055 to schedule a service appointment.
How do I reduce allergens in my home?
Warm and humid spaces are breeding grounds for dust mites and mold. Maintain temperature between 68 F and 72 F and keep relative humidity no higher than 50 percent. Clean or replace filters in central heating and cooling systems at least once a month. If you have questions about other options, notice you've been sick alot, or have allergies, call us with any questions. We can offer system enhancements and additional suggestions to improve your indoor air quality.